Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Fruitless Endeavours


Within the Dialogues of Phaedrus, ancient Greek writer Plato once said, “Things are not always as they seem; the first appearance deceives many” and as I look back on yet another year of battling with the banks there appears to have been little to encourage me to believe my best endeavors have achieved anything of note.

Determined to remain informed on all things bankster while simultaneously fighting HBOS and LLoyds has been taxing enough without running a household of lodgers, cooking and cleaning for a family of five, twice weekly visiting two elderly relatives, Chairing the Friends and organizing upwards of half a dozen events at my children’s school.  Nevertheless, increasingly self  critical of both the content and the way in which I write my blog, each post has received unsparing hours of scrutiny before it has been released into the public domain in the vain hope that it will, in some small way, make a difference.

This year alone I have ,

  • Added a further thirty nine pieces to my blog roll only to acquire very few additional members as a result.
  • Signed up to follow 331 people via twitter, sent 1298 tweets only to find a mere handful wish to follow me in return
However despite former indications to the contrary, in some areas, I have also enjoyed some very welcome results.


Much to my delight and amazement I have,
  • Quadrupled the number of page views I regularly receive on my blog posts and now have in excess of 1500 a month
  • Exceeded 80 followers on twitter all of whom have discovered my blog themselves and chosen to follow me
  • Not only received £500 from the FOS's for their miss handling my case, but also received an offer of settlement via the FOS in respect of my LLoyds Banking Group ficticious payment complaint. As well as upholding my claim and awarding me a further £25.00 their investigative reports states they find Lloyds behaviour completely without "empathy or understanding for our circumstances".
In addition,
  • I have also received both a phone call and an email from someone within Lloyds Banking Group who, profusely apologetic, assures me he has not only taken ownership of my HBOS over valuation complaint but, in the light of its miss handling over the last twenty months, plans to both investigate and "deal with my concerns" swiftly.
Plato also says, “Everyone ought to bear patiently the results of his own conduct” and finally, after four long years of waiting without patience, the results of my own conduct appear, if I am not deceived, about to bear fruit.

Here's hoping it is not another sizable helping of prickly pears!




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. That looks like progress to me. Banks don't generally have a reverse gear. Don't let the buggers appease you by trying to conflate all their mistakes into one pot keep everything separate when it comes to apportionment of blame.

    ReplyDelete